Love crunching numbers? This role plays a vital part with the merchandise teams and works along side the Buyers to ensure products are meeting customer demands.
As a Planner you are allocating the budgets to the Buyers, it's also about ensuring allocation of products are to the right store at the right time.
Merchandise Administrator to Planners
There are a range of roles within Merchandise, take a look below to learn more.
This is an entry level role that provides a great introduction to merchandising. Buying and Planning for a large department store is a complex business, and the Merchandise Administrator provides administrative support to the Buyer and Planner.
Some of your day to day duties include:
- Communicating with stores and suppliers
- Creating, maintaining and tracking orders
- Assisting with product advertising, allocation and reporting
- Ensuring quality assurance standards are upheld and samples are maintained
The Assistant Planner role is a succession role towards becoming a Planner.
Under the guidance of your Planning manager some of your responsibilities include:
- Assist in the management of merchandise categories
- Achieve planning objectives and financial targets for category
- Perform range development, planning and procurement
- Providing accurate forecasting and recommendations
Farmers Planners are responsible for the numerical aspects of buying. While Buyers determine which products we sell, Planners determine the purchasing quantities, locations and retail prices of these products. Key responsibilities include:
- Analysing and forecasting buying requirements up to 12 months in advance
- Monitoring and analysing sales and profit performance
- Providing financial and sales reports
Our Planning Managers lead and develop a team of Planners to achieve key business objectives. They work with the Buying Manager to develop range plans and promotional strategies that support the financial objectives of the merchandise category. They also provide recommendations regarding the budgeting, price management, range development, allocation and stock management of the category.
The jobs displayed above are the most recent openings. If none of them are of interest, head to our "View All Job Vacancies" page and begin your own search for a role right for you.