Have an eye for products that are on trend? These roles play a vital part in ensuring Farmers has the right products in store to meet our customer's needs.
As a Buyer you are hands on with products, sourcing and negotiating with suppliers and at times there maybe some travel.
Merchandise Administrator to Buyers
There are a range of roles within Merchandise. Take a look below to learn more.
This is an entry level role that provides a great introduction to merchandising. Buying and Planning for a large department store is a complex business, and the Merchandise Administrator provides administrative support to the Buyer and Planner.
Some of your day to day duties include:
- Communicating with stores and suppliers
- Creating, maintaining and tracking orders
- Assisting with product advertising, allocation and reporting
- Ensuring quality assurance standards are upheld and samples are maintained
As an Assistant Buyer you will be supported by the Buyer while you learn the ropes. You will also be responsible for:
- Identifying and sourcing a product range consistent with current business strategies and guidelines
- Ensure the best in store product mix and optimisation of sales and profit
- Achieve buying objectives and financial targets
Our buyers are supported with planning and administration expertise so they can concentrate solely on delivering an unrivalled merchandise offer every season.
Buyers are involved in:
- Analysing Farmers position in the market, identifying trends and maximising opportunities
- Sourcing new products and developing ranges
- Analysing product performance and meeting financial targets
- Negotiating and building successful relationships with suppliers
Our Buying Managers manage a team of category Buyers and provide direction that supports the broad merchandise strategy and company vision.
They drive the adoption of innovative, best practice, strategic buying practices. While leading and inspiring their teams to deliver on-trend, aspirational product ranges that exceed customer expectations and company margin targets.
The jobs displayed above are the most recent openings. If none of them are of interest, head to our "View All Job Vacancies" page and begin your own search for a role right for you.